Our current job openings
All interested candidates, please send your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Paralegal supports the Director of Legal & Compliance in managing and the global legal and compliance function for 2Checkout. The Paralegal is responsible for providing significant day-to-day support to the Director of Legal & Compliance on a wide range of complex legal and compliance matters as the company grows and expands its business globally. This will be accomplished both by carrying out assigned tasks as well as proactively identifying areas that need addressed. This will be a position that covers a wide range of different matters, and every day will bring new challenges and opportunities.
- Manage and maintain the company’s international subsidiaries in line with local legal requirements, including the holding of annual shareholder meetings and board meetings as well as ensuring completion of annual audit requirements
- Develop, manage and protect the intellectual property rights of the company, including trademark registrations in the US, EU, Canada, Australia and other jurisdictions
- Perform research on various global regulations applicable to the company’s services and present findings to the Director of Legal & Compliance
- Assist with managing litigation and any disputes or collections actions that may arise in the course of the company’s business
- Manage the company’s insurance coverage and ensure appropriate types and amounts of insurance are maintained
- Handle other various legal and compliance matters, including responding to due diligence requests, maintaining bank account signatories and responding to subpoenas
- Assist the Director of Legal & Compliance with developing, updating and maintaining policies and procedures for the business covering various compliance areas, including without limitation KYC/AML/CTF, anti-bribery, SAR filing, complaints handling and safeguarding of client funds
- Provide assistance with the development and carrying out of compliance training, including new hire, department specific and company-wide training, on various compliance topics, including KYC/AML/CTF, SAR filing, etc.
- Keep apprised of any developments in regulations, rules and/or industry standards as they affect 2Checkout globally
- Hold a Certificate in Paralegal Studies from an accredited university
- Have a minimum of 5-7 years of experience working in paralegal roles either in a large law firm or corporate legal department, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility
- Be comfortable operating in a fluid environment and working on a broad range of novel legal and compliance matters
- Take pride in his/her work and be passionate about working for and helping to build a world class Legal & Compliance department and company
- Develop a thorough understanding of 2Checkout’s business model and go-to-market strategy and develop and maintain expertise of laws, rules and regulations applicable to the company
- Have or develop a thorough understanding of the international e-commerce payments industry
- Be a leader within 2Checkout and help to foster a culture of excellence throughout the organization
- Have outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Have excellent analytical skills, with an ability to see both detail and big picture issues
- Have the ability to drive change in line with management goals
Ensure both consumer and business client satisfaction by answering inbound service inquiries from consumers domestic and international.
- Take ownership of Seller issues; reduce contacts to client services by resolving Seller issues at initial point of contact.
- Complete all assigned tickets/emails / calls/cases. Maintain a minimum CPH and required availability each week
- Complete International Seller agreement as needed
- Monitor Seller account activity and to recommend other product options as needed
- Understand how accounts measure their business and help in meeting their goals through strong relationship building, product consultation, retention plans- as needed
- Expected to be an established payments consultant who will deliver maximum value to your General Account Portfolio. – Provide accounts business reviews
- Establish a relationship with key account stakeholders to identify revenue maximization opportunities through demonstrating in depth understanding of both the accounts and 2Checkouts business values to ensure business growth.
- Stay up to date with the latest products and changes at 2Checkout so that you can communicate all information effectively and informatively.
- Be optimistic about change and explore new methodologies by continuously seeking to enhance your research toolbox. Don’t settle for the methods you know…what else is out there?
- Maintain excellent time-management, multi-tasking, strong analytical and oral communication skills and the ability to prioritize quickly.
- Lead by example and promote a positive and productive atmosphere, which supports all company goals and objectives.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions. Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication- Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Team Work - Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests. Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Adaptability- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.