Emerald is the Joomla extension to create paid membership access to your site. Formally known as JContentSubscription for Joomla 1.0 and Mighty Membership for Joomla 1.5 (created by the infamous team at Mighty Extensions), Emerald is the result of more than 10 years’ experience and feedback from more than 40,000 active users.
Some of our most innovative features include:
- Universal Protection Algorithm: Until Emerald implemented this, usually to protect any extension, you had to have small integration with that extension. With emerald we created unique and universal algorithm that can protect any page or any action of any extension, without need of integration. So it works out of the box with any extension.
- One-Click Migration: Want to use Emerald but already have subscribers in another extension? Emerald offers easy one-click migration from OCE Membership, OS Member, AkeebaSubs and Mighty Membership. Do you use something else? We are ready to create one-click migration for you for free.
- Frontend Driven: Emerald is completely frontend driven; meaning you can manage all plans, sales and more without the need for custom development or use of a backend. Try it once and you’ll never go back!
- Multiple user access types, multiple activation methods, analytics, and more…
How to integrate Emerald with 2Checkout
Please visit Emerald Setup and Documentation for instructions on operating the Emerald system itself.
Setting up Emerald:
- Create a new plan in Emerald.
- Open the Payment Gateways tab.
- Click on the 2Checkout slider.
- Set Enable to Yes
- Enter your 2CO Account ID number
- Enter your Secret Word
- Set other parameters, such as language, currency, etc.
- Save the plan
- Sign into your 2Checkout account
- Click the Account tab, then click the Site Management sub-tab
- Set the direct return method to Header Redirect (recommended), or Given links back to my website
- Set the Approved URL - this is copied from within the Emerald 2Checkout gateway configuration (this is generated for you by Emerald)
- Enter the same Secret Word value as you configured in Emerald
- Click the Notifications icon.
- In the Global URL field, enter the notification URL that was generated by the Emerald 2Checkout gateway configuration
- Click the Apply button
- Select/enable the following notifications: Order Created, Fraud Status Changed, Invoice Status Changed, Refund Issued
- Click Save Settings